Art initiative id11 realizes the AiR project DELFT OP ZICHT
Art initiative id11 in Delft (The Netherlands) after taking into consideration 60 proposals submitted in the past month ,has announced the list of 8 artists that will participate in the Artist in Residence programme organised within the framework of the EU funded project CreArt (Network of Cities for Artistic Creation). Art initiative id11 organizes artist-in-residence projects in temporarily available spaces such as vacant shops, office spaces or apartment buildings to be demolished or renovated. The Call was addressed to professional artists from the CreArt network interested in site-specific artworks with a wide variety of media and diversity of approaches. This Artist-in-Residence, will take place in August and September 2013. Organization will cover travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses.
LIST OF PARTICIPANTS:
Alexander Glandien from Linz (Austria)
Tvrtko Buric from Genoa (Italy)
Bernadisiute Dovile from Vilnius (Lithuania)
Amaya Bombin from Valladolid (Spain)
Lieke Snellen from Delft (The Netherlands)
Leonard Sherifi from Genoa (Italy)
Ruta Butkute from Kaunas (Lithuania)
Nino Strohecker from Linz (Austria)
One of the most important goals of the CreArt project is to focuse on training, innovation and experimentation programmes for the promotion of creativity. Through these Artist in Residence programmes that will be hosted soon in other CreArt cities, we aim to establish a permanent system of mobility, exchange and joint work experiences among artists from different cultural traditions across Europe.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CALL:
Thank you for your interest in id11’s artist-in-residence project DELFT OP ZICHT!
In August and September 2013 id11 will realize the artist-in-residence project DELFT OP ZICHT.
Art initiative id11
Art initiative id11 organizes artist-in-residence projects in temporarily available spaces such as vacant shops, office spaces or apartment buildings to be demolished or renovated. During the months of August and September 2013, id11 invites 8 professional artists from the CreArt network to create site-specific artwork in Delft, The Netherlands. Preference is given to works with a wide variety of media and diversity of approaches. In a period of two month the participating artists will work towards a final public presentation.
Delft is a city and municipality in the province of South Holland (Zuid-Holland), The Netherlands. It is located between Rotterdam and The Hague. Delft is primarily known for its typically Dutch town centre (with canals); also for the painter Vermeer, Delft Blue pottery (Delftware), the Delft University of Technology, and its association with the Dutch royal family, the House of Orange-Nassau.
2 months August and September 2013.
Organized by the host
• id11 will assist the artist to get familiar with the city of Delft, her cultural institutions and useful places and provide the artist with a weekly agenda of art related activities in Delft, as well as in the neighbour cities of Rotterdam and The Hague.
• id11 will organize a tour to The Hague and Rotterdam and introduce the artists to the art scene of these two neighbour cities of Delft and connect the artist-in-residence with the artist-in-residence activities in Rotterdam and The Hague.
• id11 will provide during the whole working period a curator interacting with the artists about their work, the project DELFT OP ZICHT and presentation.
• id11 will organize every week an artist talk for all 8 participating artists and also an informal gathering (art café) where the artist-in-residence can meet and mingle with local artists from Delft.
• Once a month a public presentation of work in progress by 4 of the participating artists at a time and a public evening with (acoustic) music and performances will be organized.
• id11 will organize during the last weekend of the artist-in-residence a final public presentation of the site-specific artworks created during the residency.
• id11 asks the artists to be committed, during the whole working period, to keep the working space open for the public from Thursday till Sunday from 12 – 5 pm, to see the work in progress.
Paid by host
• Travel expenses, reimbursed the travel cost till a certain amount.
• Studio fee at art centre Kadmium.
• Living accommodation.
• Working budget of 500 euro a month based on actual costs.
• A catalogue of the project will be published.
In 2010, the first edition of id11 DELFT OP ZICHT was organized in art centre Kadmium and also this edition will take place there again. Kadmium will provide the working space for all 8 participating artists. Kadmium is an old school building, it has four classrooms, a small staircase, a beautiful hall with a long corridor and a square in front of it. During the regular opening hours of Kadmium the artworks in development will be seen by visitors. The residence program takes two months (August and September 2013) and will be concluded with a presentation in the form of a public show. Participating artists will present their work during the artist talk bij_wijze_van_SPREKEN and be in dialogue with the public. Other forms of public presentations can be discussed according to each guest’s interests.
HET TIJDELIJK VERBLIJF is the name of the living accommodation of the resident artist. In Delft id11 has no permanent living- or working spaces for accommodation or the realization of projects but responds to what is available, arises or comes up with a plan for a project. id11’s artist-in-residence program dependents on the availability of the temporary spaces. During August and September 2013 id11 will provide (temporarily) housing for the 8 participating artists. HET TIJDELIJK VERBLIJF is furnished with the necessary furniture.